It's a difference you can see...
A Bret-Mar landscape is not so much a signature of Bret-Mar, but rather a reflection of the dreams of our customers.
You’ll find there is a difference when you are dealing with landscape professionals that design and install your landscape. Few companies have the resources (our own 5 acre nursery) and experience (in business since 1985) to help guide you through an experience you’ll actually enjoy. Anything not grown on our site is purchased throughout the US and brought into our nursery for selection by clients.
- Consultation fees are refundable if Bret-Mar installs the project
Call us today to schedule yours!
Entire property plans start at $500 (Call for details)
and you'll get:
- A full-scale, labeled master plan that is yours to keep.
- Perspective photos of the master plan that is yours to keep.
- Experience a virtual tour of your new landscape design during the plan presentation. Click here to see an example!
- Design fees are refundable if Bret-Mar installs the project.
Helping you to create a landscape you'll love to live in.
We bring value to every meeting!
Sharon and Kurt Marrin are both ASLA certified landscape architects in business since 1985 with experience in both commercial and residential landscape projects. Together with designer Ashley Marrin, they provide top-quality landscape design consultation services. We recognize that our clients are investing in their property, therefore we collaborate with our clients to reflect their individuality and personalize each project. The consultative process includes:
- On-site interview
- Landscape survey/Site inventory and analysis
- Presentation at office with pricing
For the design and planning process, we develop full scale plans. More than a plan, we’ll help you create a landscape that you’ll love to live in. At Bret-Mar we provide creative solutions to problem areas. Bret-Mar landscape will add value to your home, as well as years of enjoyment from your landscape. Included in the design process are a consultation, digital photos, 3D renderings, a second meeting at the Bret-Mar offices to go over your detailed drawing, and a tour of our five acre nursery to look at our plant material, tag your own plants for your landscape project, and visit our display gardens. The design process includes the above consultation process plus:
- A master plan is developed based on information collected at consultation
- An estimate is provided along with the plan
- Presentation of computer generated design in "realtime walkthrough"
A quality experience results in a quality landscape. While you might find a lower price, consider the expense of putting the wrong plant in place. With your Bret-Mar experience, no one’s valuable time is wasted. We want to be your trusted adviser. An appointment with Bret-Mar is always kept–and just like our landscape crews, we’re there on time, every time. At Bret-Mar Landscape, we respect the time and money you’ll invest in your project.
Click each tab for pricing information.
Professional and experienced landscape installers with one thing in mind: creating your dream landscape.
A Bret-Mar landscape is not so much a signature of Bret-Mar, but rather a reflection of the dreams of our customers. You’ll find there is a difference when you are dealing with landscape professionals that design and install your landscape. Once you work with a designer, that designer stays by you throughout the entire installation process, overseeing the crew and making sure the result is exactly as the vision you created. Few companies have the resources (our own 5 acre nursery) and experience (in business since 1985) to help guide you through an experience you’ll actually enjoy. Anything not grown on our site is purchased throughout the US and brought into our nursery for selection by clients.
We'll create your dream landscape—and keep it looking beautiful, too.
Our fine garden maintenance is different from most companies—we do not mow lawns or have the typical fast-paced mindset; we care about quality. We focus our time on proper care and maintenance of a property. Our program is customized to each client’s needs and desires. We can do one visit per year, one per season, or as many as you would like.
Fine Gardening for the 2017 Season
Early Spring (April)
- Remove debris from garden beds that accumulated over winter to reduce disease
- Physically remove weeds by hand pulling, digging, or cultivating
- Check all downspout connections and check for clear drainage pipes
- Remove any dead plants or dead branches to reduce disease
- Lightly shape and trim off any winter damage on evergreens
- Custom hand prune as required to deadwood and thin out mature shrubs
- Apply pre-emergent weed control in garden beds
- Hand spade garden beds that are not edged with bullet pavers
- Cut down perennials and ornamental grasses
- Fertilize plants with a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer
- Top dress garden beds with 15 yards of premium shredded bark mulch
Late Spring (May)
- *Plant seasonal color in beds and pots and use a foliar fertilizer (price TBD)
- Lightly shape/trim plants as needed with correct cultural methods
- Check for weeds
- Check for insects and/or diseases on plants
- Lightly shape/trim early spring flowering shrubs and ornamental trees using correct cultural methods
- Custom hand prune to stimulate new growth and remove suckers
- Check on seasonal color plantings & pots and apply a foliar fertilizer
- Check for weeds in garden beds
- Check for insects and/or diseases on plants
- Hand spade beds that are not edged with bullet pavers
- Monitor garden beds for irrigation
Early Fall (September)
- Check for weeds in garden beds
- *Stock up on firewood (Price TBD)
- *Change out seasonal color for garden beds and pots (Price TBD)
- Spray WiltPruf on boxwoods to prevent winter desiccation
- Prepare beds for winter by cutting back perennials
- Remove all annual plantings
- Clean leaf debris out of beds & take to nursery to recycle
- Trim down weak plants for rejuvenation
Let us help you create an outdoor living space you love to live in.
Extend the living space of your home to the outdoors. Let us create a space where memories are made, family gatherings happen, and neighborhood children gather. Hardscape is more than a patio, walkway, or driveway. It has evolved to re-define how we enjoy our back yards. The new elements available help set a mood for the space. Create cozy intimate spaces or go for an open concept feel. The following is a list of hardscape elements that we can personally develop for you:
Hardscape products we work with include Unilock, Belgard, Techo-Bloc, Rosetta, natural stone, porcelain tiles, and clay pavers.Visit our hardscape gallery
Safety, extended use of space, aesthetics, and down right fun - Need we say more?
Outdoor lighting is truly an art. Technology has come a long way and now offers some pretty neat outdoor lighting systems. Whether you are looking to upgrade to an LED system or go all out with a system that has the capability to adjust dimming and colors all from your mobile device, we are here to help you. We use only the highest quality products with the latest technology including Kichler and FX Luminaire. Call us today for an outdoor lighting consultation.
CHOOSE BRET-MAR FOR YOUR NEXT LANDSCAPE PROJECT
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
With years of experience, a dedicated team of designers and builders, and quality products, we guarantee that you'll be happy with your completed project!
Unilock Authorized Contractor
Ensuring quality and trustworthy customer service.
STARS Safe Company Program Members
We are part of the Safety Training Achieves Remarkable Success program through PLANET. We are recognized and awarded each year for commitment to safety and a clean record.
SEK Surebond Certified Applicators
We are SEK Surebond Certified Applicators of their product line of hardscape sealers, cleaners, and adhesives.
LET US CREATE YOUR DREAM LANDSCAPE
CALL OR EMAIL US TODAY!
Please include your name, location, telephone number, and email address in your message so that we may provide you with an accurate response. Thank you!